How to make Gopchange Tteokbokki (곱창 떡볶이)
**Ingredients (3 pax)**
Wheat flour (rice) cake (500g)
Square fish cake 6 sheets (240g)
Cabbage 2 cup
Green onion 3 cup
2 hard-boiled eggs
Red chili paste large 3TBS
Dark soy sauce 4 TBS (I added later)
Red pepper powder 2TBS
Brown sugar 3TBS (I added 1 later)
Pepper to taste
– Gopchang (intestines)
Store bought pre-barbequed pork Gopchang 300g (substitute it with hot pot ver. if you’d like https://amzn.to/2Lu80r7 or if you are in Dubai https://www.1004gourmet.com/product/oak-smoked-seasoned-gopchang/)
Sesame(perilla) leaves 10
– Dessert stir fry (볶음밥)
Left over tteokbokki sauce 1 cup
Cooked rice 1 cup
left over veggies
Sesame seed oil
Dried sea weed sheets (김)
1. Cut the green onion diagonally or slice in half and cut into long pieces
2. Cut the cabbage and fish cake into any size you want 😉
3. Add water, dark soy sauce, brown sugar, red chili paste, red pepper powder, fish cake and cabbage to a pot and let boil.
4. Lightly rinse the wheat flour cake under water and let it sit for 10-20 mins
5. Once the sauce boils, add hard-boiled eggs, wheat flour cake and green onion and continue cooking
6. Continue cooking until the sauce gains desired consistency (recommend cooking for at least 30 mins for the flour cake to absorb the delicious soup)
7. Cook the gopchang in heat
8. Prepare bed of vegetables (I used sesame seed leaves) and serve gopchang on top. Don’t forget to sprinkle some sesame seeds!
10. Time for dessert, Korean style. Add rice to the leftover sauce, crack in the egg with vegetables and cook until there is little moisture. Keep the heat on for a little if you want to make it extra crispy. Drizzle sesame seed oil and turn off the heat.
11. Go get that Round 2!
Krazy Thursday K-Food Recipe: your no.1 go-to source for hassle-free Korean food.
#KrazyThursday #Kfood #Koreanfoodrecipe #Comidacoreana #Recetacoreana #mónănhànquốc